Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 16 year olds. It is recognised by leading universities and employers worldwide, and is an international passport to progression and success. To ensure our students are best prepared for their upcoming education, they are required to continue the core courses of English, mathematics and science and then have the option of studying a variety of courses, which will expand as the school grows.
English – First Language – 0500
This course enables learners to develop more general analysis and communication skills such as inference, and the ability to order facts and present opinions effectively. This course also enables learners to:
- Develop the ability to communicate clearly, accurately and effectively when speaking and writing
- Use a wide range of vocabulary, and the correct grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Develop a personal style and an awareness of the audience being addressed.
Mathematics – 0580
An essential subject for all learners, Cambridge IGCSE Mathematics encourages the development of mathematical knowledge as a key life skill, and as a strong basis for more advanced study. The syllabus aims to build learners' confidence by helping them develop:
- Competence and fluency with mathematical concepts, methods and skills, as well as a feel for numbers, patterns and relationships.
- Skills in problem solving and presenting and interpreting results.
- An understanding of how to communicate and reason using mathematical concepts.
Cambridge IGCSE Combined Sciences gives learners the opportunity to study Biology, Chemistry and Physics, each covered in separate syllabus sections. Learners gain an understanding of the basic principles of each subject through a mix of theoretical and practical studies, while also developing an understanding of the scientific skills essential for further study.